So Dustin always gives me a hard time about not writing in the blog, so I figured I'd start on a very special note for me. Some of you may know that Saturday, the 19th was our 5th year wedding anniversary. I do remember the day very vividly and every year I go back in my mind to how wonderful the day really was. I love to put on my dress (a tradition that I've kept every year on our anniversary) and I love how every time I take it out of the closet, it's even more beautiful than I remembered. The day back on July 19th, 2003 was super hot (my favorite) and I remember getting ready for everything and putting on my dress. I really did feel like a princess. There were gorgeous flowers (roses, sweet peas and hydrangeas). There were tons of family and friends there to help celebrate with us. And although it was just a day to everyone else, for me it meant getting to marry my prince. We said heartfelt vows and I knew that it was just the beginning of a lifetime with my one and only. Not every moment has been pure bliss, but I honestly believe that I married the best man in the world. Dustin is so incredibly kind and caring. He does numerous things around the house, tells me every day how beautiful I am (even on the days when I absolutely don't feel like it) and honestly cares for my well being and does anything just to make me happy. I am truly blessed to have such a wonderful husband. God definitely knew we were a perfect match. So as I reflect on one of the perfect days in the world, I am so thankful for it and for what a great husband I have because of it. I'm so excited for the next 5 years and where God will take us. It's been a great ride so far and I can't wait for what's next!
1 comment:
I too remember it like it was yesterday! what a fabulous day. You still look amazing in that dress! Beautiful! I love you both!
Post a Comment