Saturday, September 17, 2011

Our first weekend w/o Kyah

Back in July, Abby and I had our first weekend getaway without Kyah. I'm not going to lie, it was little tough to part ways with our daughter for a couple nights. But somehow we managed to get out the door, and we had a blast with our friends at a cabin on Hood Canal.



In previous years, it's only been the guys that have gone to this cabin... mostly because the cabin lacks your typical hotel amenities, like electricity. It's a bit remote. But the girls were up to it this year, so we had a co-ed weekend.



The cabin is surrounded by woods and set just a couple hundred feet off a secluded beach. The beach is loaded with oysters and clams, plus we go fishing and drop crab pots a little ways off shore. We're rollin' in seafood all weekend. It's good stuff.



This picture is just hilarious! I love Brett's face.





Abby and I just got back from taking the rowboat out to pull the crab pots... she's proudly holding up one of several crabs we brought to shore.




No comments: