Sunday, June 28, 2009

Family Vacation

Yes, this is Abby - actually doing a blog post. I feel responsible for this blog post since it's all about my (awesome) family. Last week we went to Michigan to see the whole Marion clan. Both of my parents grew up in a small town, Brown City (yes, they were high school sweethearts just like Dustin and I) and consequently all of their families still live there. I hadn't been back there in several years and Dustin had never been. It was a lot of fun taking him around to meet everyone and show him my parents' roots. It was quiet and relaxing, but not without its adventures. From waking up to hundreds of ants crawling on the floor in the motorhome we were staying in, to seeing Amish for the first time (for Dustin), to being in close quarters with my family (which I loved), not to mention having to drive 45 minutes just to get to a Starbucks, to the 5-hour delay at the airport coming home, we still managed to have a great time with family and enjoy our vacation.

Dustin got to go golfing with my uncles and cousin. Evidently he did pretty well on the back 9. I'm not sure if he'll get an invite to play next year since he was so good. :)


We also were able to go to my cousins wedding. Isn't my little brother so cute?


The day before we left, the whole family went to my uncle's place at Lake Huron. It was so beautiful!


Dustin wanted to show the family how buff he was by digging a monster hole in the sand. I think it worked and everyone was impressed!


It's too bad we don't live closer, but it was great to see everyone!

1 comment:

Ric said...

We were keeping score??

We never keep score. Apparently, Dustin was - and, he did golf pretty good on the back nine.

By not keeping score, we all win and that's what family is all about.

And Dustin is welcome next year.

Uncle Ric